Mesotherapy is a form of cosmetic medical treatment which involves injecting of various forms of medication, both homeopathic and chemical, into the subcutaneous fat cells. Vitamins, minerals and other nutrients are also accompanied with the medicine to be injected. If you want to remove the wrinkles from your face or you just want to reduce your excessive fat from different parts of your body then you can go for this treatment. you do not need to maintain a long medication schedule and you can easily reduce your fat and tighten your skin by few injections. This treatment is less painful and less time consuming.
Purpose of Mesotherapy:
In simple terms, it is a form of non-surgical cosmetic treatment, designed to tighten loose tissue and reduce subcutaneous fat. The mechanism of the treatment works on the principle that the injected medicines along with the nutrients, penetrate into the subcutaneous fat cells, causing their destruction, by a process called lipolysis.
The technique, developed and used first by the French Doctor Michel Pistor in 1952, has now gained popularity as a form of cosmetic treatment. It was accredited as a field of medical specialty by the French medical council in 1987.
Various Uses of Mesotherapy Treatment:
- Removal of fat from the usual deposition sites and with this treatment, you can reduce your fat from belly, thighs, buttocks, upper arm, hips and face.
- People who have lost a lot of weight recently can find some wrinkles on their skin and they can tighten their skin with the mesotherapy treatment. This is more observable in sites such as arms and belly, which tend to have a higher proportion of loose skin.
- For middle aged and older generation, the treatment method is used to remove and reduce wrinkles and lines and other signs of aging on the face. Apart from that, to reduce cellulite in some patients, people can opt for such treatments.
- This treatment can reduce hair fall, and people can go for this therapy for their hair and scalp treatment.
Procedure of Mesotherapy:
Mesotherapy typically uses a long and fine needle for injecting the medicinal formulation. Along with lipolysis, it is postulated that the added nutrients and medicinal combinations to improve the blood flow to the subcutaneous tissue, and reducing inflammation, thereby making it healthier and better in appearance.
The chemical combination used varies from practitioner to practitioner, depending on the method of treatment. Some of the common combinations used are as follows;
- Vitamins, minerals and other enriching nutrients
- Organic extracts from herbs and natural plants
- Stimulating hormones such as Thyroxine and Calcitonin
- Medicines like vasodilators which improve the blood flow to the subcutaneous tissue and improve its health.
- Certain effective enzymes such as collagenase and Hyaluronidase.
Each session of Mesotherapy treatment usually involves a stepwise application of medicines on the outer skin, followed by multiple injections. The complete treatment to achieve the desired outcome usually takes multiple sessions, with the initial ones close bunched together, whereas the later ones are spread over weeks and months when the desired result starts to appear.
Cost of Treatment:
Mesotherapy treatments range widely depending on the number of sessions required and the treatment plan to be followed. Costs also vary from practitioner to practitioner, depending on the ingredients and treatment plan they use. It is suggested to search some mesotherapy clinics online and then ask for their charges. Then you can compare their packages and choose the best one according to your budget.
As mentioned earlier, each and every doctor performing the procedure of Mesotherapy can follow a unique treatment plan, coupled with separate combinations of medicines to be injected. Therefore it is very essential to select a practitioner based on the requirements of the patient, and you need to check the experience as well as certification of the specialists before availing their treatment.