Chicken tikka masala a name that brings water to every foodies mouth is a dish of chunks of roasted marinated chicken in a spiced curry sauce. The sauce is usually creamy and orange-coloured. There are multiple claims to its place of origin, including the Punjab region of the Indian subcontinent. The main taste of this dish in its sauce that is prepared by adding loads of masalas and rich ingredients.
The sauce usually includes tomatoes cream, coconut cream and spices. The sauce and chicken pieces may be coloured orange using foodstuffs such as turmeric, paprika, tomato purée or with food dye. The dish shares some similarity with butter chicken, both in the method of creation and appearance.
Recipe of chicken tikka masala
Preparation time: 20 – 30 minutes
Marination time: 25 minutes
Ingredients of Marinade for Tikkas
- 6 tbsp. Yoghurt
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic paste
- 2 tbsp Ginger paste
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Curry Powder (Garam Masala)
- 4-5 tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
Ingredients For Gravy
- 2 Tomatoes(chopped)
- 1 Onion
- 1 tsp Ginger-garlic paste
- ½ tsp. Cumin powder
- ½ tsp. Coriander powder
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Salt to taste
Chicken tikka masala is a two step process, Tikka and Gravy. Grilling the chicken definitely flavors this dish but if you do not have a grill, you could use any oven too. Once you have your chicken grilling, you could start the gravy process in parallel.
- Cut chicken into smaller pieces. Drain any water.
- Mix all ingredients for the marinade and add chicken into it. Set aside for at least 1 hour
- Grill chicken on hot grill (barbecue) to golden brown. Baste butter (or oil) frequently to ensure that chicken remains tender and moist. Do not overcook.
- Heat oil and add ginger, garlic paste. Fry a little and add chopped onions.
- Keep heat on high to slightly caramelize the onions. Caramelizing onions enhances its flavors for this dish.
- When onions turn golden, add chopped tomatoes and keep frying on medium heat until the oil separates.
- Add cumin and coriander powder. Mix
- Add salt and sugar and drop the chicken tikka pieces in it.
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes on low heat and let the flavors mingle a little.
- Increase heat to high and incorporate milk slowly. Stirring continuously.
- Once the gravy is of right consistency, reduce heat to low. Prepare any garnish
- Serve with white rice.
Chicken has always been the most amazing dish and is the heartbeat of any party. If not in a mood to cook then order this lip smacking dish from by applying faasos coupons and save huge on your billings too. Prepare some mint and coriander chutney and slice onions to add more taste to the dish and enjoy it with your family.