In Dental implant surgery, a dental surgeon places implants to help patients. If you are a beginner in this field, you need to learn about diagnosis, treatment planning and different surgical techniques. Dental tray setup is a basic consideration that may not get the attention it requires. It is the starting point of implant therapy. You may be familiar with some of the instruments but some are unique to this surgery.
1. Consent Forms
Explain consent forms and paperwork and get signed by the patient.
2. Implant Treatment Planning
This document aids the implant surgical procedure. It helps with pre-planned implant placement, guidelines for drilling sequence, radiography, anatomical landmarks, and tissue depth.
3. Post-op Instructions
You need these instructions and prescriptions for antibodies, pain medications, and more.
4. Medical Supplies
Chlorhexidine Gluconate :This is used to disinfect prosthetic stents, dentures, surgical guides, partials, dentures, bite registrations and other appliances and components.
5. Surgery Setup Pack
This includes masks, sterile gloves, gowns, patient drapes, doctor head covers, handle covers, table drapes, sponges, plastic tube covers and more.
6. Paper Products
Cotton rolls, cotton-tipped applications, and 4″ x 4″ gauze and presterilized 2″ x 2″.
7. Suction Tips
You need surgical suction, high-volume suction, presterilized tips for saliva ejector and more.
8. Sterile Titanium Box
You need this box to place implants.
9. Antibiotic Ointment
You need this to heal abutment threads.
Instruments and Device
a). Blood Pressure Cuff
You need a sphygmomanometer to take blood pressure before and after surgery.
b). Basic Setup
It includes two cotton pliers, two dental mirrors, a periodontal probe, suction holder or hemostat. You need retractors, scissors and scalpels.
c). Surgical Handpiece and Motor
This pump has tubing for external and internal irrigation.
d). Local Anesthesia
You need to administer anesthesia before the surgery. For this, you need syringes, syringe tips and anesthesia.
e). Drill Kits
A drill kit includes screw taps, drills, adapters, parallel pins, torque wrenches, implant carriers and hand drivers. Use a drill according to the selected implant diameter. It is advised to have a set of short-term drills.
Check the drill keys before surgery to ensure proper fit. Also, have extra fixation pins and multiple sets with different sleeve diameters.
f). Digital Caliper
You need this electronic device to measure drill-stop lengths. It is also important to reconfirm drill-stop lengths.
g). Tissue Punch Kit
You need this to access the implant site while minimizing surgical trauma.
h). X-Ray Sensor Holder
Prepare an X-ray sensor holder for use. It should be with a sterilized cover. You can excavate tissue plug using a large serrated curette and micro-blade scalpel.
i). Backup dental Implants
You also need a stock of backups. You must have a sterilized replacement in case you drop an implant.
j). Healing Abutments
Have healing abutments of various diameters. You can establish a better esthetic emergence profile with a wider diameter healing abutment.
j). Provisional Crowns
Some cases require immediate provisionalization. In these cases, you can produce temporary crowns in advance. Or, you can fabricate during the appointment. Make sure that you have temporary abutments. You need an articulating paper for immediate temporization.
k). Soft Tissue Laser
You need this for soft-tissue management.
l). Implant Stability Meter
You need this meter to precisely measure primary impact stability.
m). Bone Grafting Instruments and Material
In some cases, bone grafting is required. You need all the materials and instruments required for bone grafting.
More facts you should consider
Dental tray setup plays an important role in smooth and predictable dental implant surgery. You have all the required instruments and supplies before starting the surgery. Having extras can help in handling immediate situations during dental implant surgeries. Both beginners and experienced dental surgeons understand the importance of dental tray setup. If you need to gather more information about the same, you can always seek help from the professionals. They have years of experience in the industry. From handling the procedure to offering the best results, they will do everything for you. However, since there are a plethora of professionals that have knowledge regarding dental instruments, you need to make sure that you get in touch with a reliable one only. Now the question is how do you get started? Well, you need to keep some of the points in mind. Below are them.
- Gather all the information regarding the professionals: Before looking for a reliable expert is a daunting task, you need to have all the information regarding them. All you have to do is google the name of the dentist and pen down all the details. Do not forget to take a look at their website and explore the type of dentistry services they offer.
- Take a look at the reviews: You know the best way to know about the dentist and its services? It is none other than the reviews. It will be helpful if you take a look at them and make a decision. Most of the time, the reviews help you make the right decision. Hence, do not take this factor for granted and make a decision you do not regret.
- Give a thought about the rates: Just like you check the rates of the shoes you want to buy, do not forget to check the dentist’s rates. Compare the rates and do not forget to give a thought about their work. Get going if everything makes sense to you.
- Licensed and certified: Make sure you select a dentist who has the skills and expertise to get the work done without making a mess. In addition to this, it is your responsibility to ensure that the dentist has the required license and certificates. You will come across providers who will claim to offer great dentistry services but disappoint you in the end. So get in touch with a dentist who does the right job without any hassle.
The Final Word
These are some of the factors you need to consider when selecting a dentist for the procedure. Give a thought about them and end up making a decision you do not regret. We hope this piece has been useful. To gather more information, do yourself a favor and speak to the professionals today.