These days, people in huge numbers are suffering from gastric related problems. Doctors specializing treating digestive related problems are known as gastroenterologists. They are professionals who undergo extensive training to diagnose and treat different type of problems which affect the stomach, esophagus, biliary system and the intestines. Gastroenterology is also considered to be sub-specialty of internal medicine.
Some procedures and tests recommended by the best gastroenterologist in Delhi
There are several tests and procedures which the professionals recommend to their patients. This however, depends upon the kind of problem faced by the patient and the area where it occurs and other factors. Few of the tests are as follows:
- Abdominal Ultrasound: It is a procedure that is commonly used for the purpose of evaluating the abdominal structures and organs such as the pancreas, gall bladder, etc. By recommending ultrasonography, the gastroenterologists are able to view the structures and organs of the abdomen externally. The procedure is also used for evaluation of flow of blood to the different organs.
- Abdominal Angiogram: It is considered to be an imaging test which makes use of X-rays for evaluating blood vessels. The abdominal blood vessels are scanned by x-rays and are used for checking if flow of blood to organs such as spleen and liver is smooth. It is also used for placing various materials and medicines to treat abdominal bleeding and cancer.
- Appendectomy: It is a form of surgery which is carried out to eliminate the infected appendix from the body. It is a common emergency surgical procedure called appendicitis.
- Abdominal x-ray: In this procedure, machines are used to through beams of energy which pass through tissues of the body. An output is created in the form of an image onto special film. It includes the pictures of the internal tissues, organs and bones. Tests are conducted to identify the region where there has been taking place abdominal pain and to find out objects which create or block the hole within the intestine region.
- Colostomy: It is a surgical procedure which is carried out to form an opening within the large intestine or color through the abdomen. The operation may be permanent or temporary in nature and is performed usually on bowel injury or surgery.
- Laparoscopy: It is a procedure that is performed by the specialists using thin tube having light and video camera on one end, known as the laparoscope. The instrument gets inserted inside the body by making small incision or cut in the belly region. The camera once inside the desired area of the body starts sending out video output to the computer screen, which the surgeon checks out to view the internal parts.
- Gall bladder scan: It is a scan that is conducted to find out performance of the gall bladder. It is also known as liver-biliary scan. Usually, the gastroenterologist checks the liver when checking gall bladder, since both the organs tend to work very closely.
The above are few of the tests that may be recommended by the professionals to provide proper treatment.