Loose motions can create many problems in your life. There is a pain in your stomach and you have to go to the bathroom too often. This drains your energy which makes you feel exhausted. This digestive condition is the result of bad eating habits. You can maintain the working of your bowels with the help of some basic remedies.
Causes of Loose Motion
Loose motion is a medical condition that results in more than three bowel movements in a day. The loss of fluids from your body can result in dehydration. Some other causes of viral infections are:
- Bacteria infections
- Food allergies and sensitivities
- Excess alcohol consumption
- Consuming certain foods that disturb the digestive system
- Radiation therapies
Here are Home Remedies to Cure Loose Motion
- Coconut water: You will require 1-2 glasses of coconut water. Now, consume a glass of coconut water. You should do this for 1-2 times a day. Coconut water can help to treat dehydration which is one of the major side effects of loose motions. It helps to replenish the lost fluid present in your body. This is because it contains amino acids, electrolytes and glucose. Coconut water is also close to human plasma which is a good thing.
- Yogurt for the loose motion: You will need a cup of plain yogurt. You should consume a cup of plain yogurt after your meal. You must do it twice daily. Yogurt is the exception when it comes to consuming dairy products if you are suffering from loose motion. It’s rich in good bacteria, probiotics that help to maintain intestinal health and also fight the bad bacteria that might be responsible for causing the loose motion.
- Jeera water: You will need 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds and 1 glass of water. Now, add a teaspoon of cumin seeds to a glass of water, bring this mixture to a boil in a saucepan, allow it to cool a little before consuming it. Consume this solution to 3-4 times a day mostly after a meal. Cumin is also known as jeera in India. The antiseptic properties of cumin seeds can help to kill the bacteria attacking your immune system.
- Lemon juice for the loose motion: You will require ½ lemon and 1 glass of water, 1-2 teaspoons of sugar. Now, squeeze the lemon juice from half a lemon and mix this with a glass of water, add the needed amount of sugar to this mixture and consume it immediately. Drink this every 1-2 hours a day. Lemon juice which has anti-inflammatory can help to calm the inflamed intestines and helps to bring back the pH to normal. This also helps in normalizing the functioning of your bowels. Lemon contains minerals like potassium and magnesium which are lost when one suffers from diarrhea.
- Blueberry tea: You will require 1-2 teaspoons of the blueberry root, 1 cup of water, 1 teaspoon of honey. Now, add 1-2 teaspoons of blueberry root to a cup of water, allow this to steep for 10 minutes and strain it, add some little honey and consume this till it’s warm. Do this thrice daily for a couple of days. Do this thrice in a day. Blueberries fight the pathogens in your stomach because of their antibacterial properties. They possess powerful antioxidant properties which help to relieve the symptoms of loose motions.
- Fenugreek seeds: You will need 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds and 1 glass of warm water. Soak 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in water for around 15 minutes, you may grin the fenugreek seeds and mix it with a glass of water. Consume this mixture immediately. You should do it 2-3 times a day. Fenugreek seeds are rich in mucilage which helps to bulk up the stool and treat loose motions. They also help in digestion and helps to fight the infection causing pathogens which are present in your stomach.
- Apple cider vinegar: You will need 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar, 1 glass of warm water. Add two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar into warm water, add some honey for flavour and consume it immediately. You must consume this twice a day. Apple cider vinegar brings antimicrobial properties that help to protect your digestive system from inflammations and infections. It also helps in improving digestion and bulking up the stool.
- Ginger: You will require 1-2 teaspoons of extracted ginger juice. Now, take two teaspoons of ginger juice and add some honey in it. You can consume this mixture directly. If this feels too strong for you, then you can extract with a cup of warm water. You can do this for atleast 2-3 times daily. Ginger aids in digestion but it also soothes your intestines and fights the pathogens responsible for your condition.