You must have heard the name ‘asthma’ several times in your life but do you exactly know what it is? Asthma is a kind of respiratory disease which is responsible for narrowing the airways and thus making breathing difficult. The incident of exposure to irritants such as pollen, dust, air pollutants, pet hair, etc. causes inflammation which makes the airways narrow and further secretion of excess amount of mucus restricts the breathing passage and breathing process becomes tough.
What are the causes of asthma? How do you know you are suffering from asthma?
The triggers for asthma can be multiple irritants and allergens present in the environment. Other than these, a sudden change in weather, physical exertion or emotional distress can also trigger asthma.
Symptoms of asthma –
• Shortness of breathing
• Wheezing during breathing i.e. you may make a whistling sound during breathing
• Difficulty in breathing
• Chest pain or tightness in the airways
• Continued coughing
• Disturbing wheezing and cough which make you unable to fall asleep
Diagnosis and treatment for asthma:
After suspecting asthma, doctors may ask you to perform some tests and will do some physical examinations to be sure of the disease. A few important of them are –
• Methacholine challenge test
• Exhaled nitric oxide test
• Peak flow
These types of pulmonary function tests along with some bronchodilatory medications are suggested by the doctors for improving the liver functions in the patients. And, if the bronchodilator relieves you, you are suffering from asthma for sure!
Treatment of asthma demands tracking its daily symptoms, frequency of taking medicines, avoiding the triggers, long-term use of asthma-controlling drugs, inhaler combinations such as asthma Duolin inhaler, etc. which help to keep the airways clean and offers immediate relief from the symptoms of asthma.
In this article, we will discuss the use of Duolin inhaler in the treatment of asthma.
Duolin inhaler medicine offered by Cipla ltd. is a combination one and often prescribed to get relieved in chest tightness, breath shortness, wheezing, coughing, breathing difficulties, and in many other situations arise due to COPD or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
Uses of Duolin Inhaler:
Doctors generally prescribe this medicine to treat the symptoms of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease which is a condition of a set of lung diseases which can make breathing difficult by blocking the airflows.
When should you not use Duolin?
This medicine should not be used by those patients who are suffering from allergies due to salbutamol, atropine, levosalbutamol, ipratropium, or any other kind of inactive ingredients which are there in these medicines.
• Hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy
This medicine should not be used in those patients who a particular condition called hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy, where heart performs abnormally due to the thickened heart muscles. Use of Duolin can worsen the condition of such patients.
People who are suffering from tachyarrhythmia are at great risk with using this medicine as its use may worsen their condition.
• Pregnancy – Pregnant women should not use this asthma Duolin inhaler to relieve their conditions unless it is too necessary. Your doctor is the best person to decide by considering all the benefits and risks factors if she should use it or not.
• Breast-feeding – for a similar reason breastfeeding moms should also not use Duoline until and unless it is too much necessary.
• Children – use of Duoline is recommended for those children who are below 12 years of age. It’s is mainly because the efficiency and safety measures have not been clinically established in them.
• Hypokalemia – regular use of Duolin can lower the potassium levels in the bloodstream which should be monitored well in those patients who are suffering from hypokalemia. In case any unusual symptom arises, the patient should meet the doctor immediately. He may alter the doses depending on some particular clinical conditions.
• Paradoxical bronchospasm – The use of duolin inhaler is associated with deteriorating asthma problems to some extent. If any breathing difficulties occur with the use of this medicine, patients should contact their doctors on an immediate basis. He may suggest stopping the use of this medicine.
Interactions of Duoine with other medicines –
Just remember to consult your doctor before having any doses of Duolin inhaler for your safety